Monday, January 25, 2010

The LIC Demo

It was a hot sunday afternoon, as I stepped out of the Presidency College, I felt relieved that the exam was over and I could finally "Rest In Peace". The last two weeks at work had been very hectic. Our CEO had come down to Chennai from Norway and my office had been bustling with activity, we had been working for long hours. I worked even on Pongal, followed by a tiring trip to Madurai that weekend for a colleagues wedding, followed by slogging for a demo in Arabic the next week and an exam on Sunday morning. Thats quite a bit ain't it?



Well, the exam was ok and I waited for a bus with my friend. I was thinking over what I had written for descriptive answers and wondered how I could manage crap like that. Anyhow, the bus came and I got in. Not that i'm a pricess, but i'm not very used to buses and when I get into one I prefer standing near the entrance. This time too I did the same. At the entrance which I took, one door was closed and the other one open. I wondered why they made it so uncomfortable for passengers, why couldn't they simply keep both doors open? My friend and I spoke some nonsense for some time and then kept quiet as we were both tired.



I was lost in thoughts, when suddenly there was a jerk and I found myself cast on the closed door at the bus's entrance. My friend and another lady gripped my hand tightly and looked flabbergasted. I looked left, the other door was open. It didn't take me long to realize what could've happened. Strangely I didn't even have a scratch on me, I was absolutely fine, I laughed at myself. The other's didn't find it very funny, they felt sorry for me, how embarrasing it was!



An old gentleman told me,"Take care girl. We've read of so many accidents in the papers, you are so young". I smiled and assured him that I was fine, I did the same with ladies who seemed so worried. One young man then got up and offered me a seat. The guy who sat beside me instantly offered me a bottle of water and asked me if i'm fine.

"How was the exam?", he asked me with a warm smile.

I realized he too had attended the exam.
"It was ok", I replied.

"How were the quants?", he asked me.

"Oh yeah, they were tough", I replied.

"Whats your qualification? B.E. ?", he seemed to be interviewing me.

"Yes, you're right", I replied with a smile.

"Good", he said and took something out from his bag.

"This is my card, you can contact me in case you want something", he said and gave it to me.

 

I took a look at it, on it was printed
" P. Vijay, Life Insurance Corporation of India".

I haven't had a better demo of the LIC in my entire life, oh boy!!

2 comments: